Red Meat Updates 2022 | Tasmania
29 Jul 2022 09:00AM - 29 Jul 2022 05:00PM
Location: Tramsheds Function Centre, Launceston TAS 7248
Cost: Free for red meat producers and sponsors, limited amount of full fee tickets available at $300pp
Red Meat Updates is an annual conference developed to provide information, inspiratino and connections to the Tasmanian red meat industry. The program is developed by a producer-led working group which ensures the event is relevant, valuable, respected and well attended by sheep and cattle producers. Red Meat Updates was first held in 2013 and has continued to grow ever since. The event consistently attracts over 350 attendees (when COVID capacity limits do not apply) and approximately 70% of attendees are sheep and cattle producers.
The objectives of Red Meat Updates are to:
- better connect individuals and organisations involved in the red meat industry and encourage networking
- raise awareness of red meat research, development and extension programs and projects
- highlight research outputs that have relevance to Tasmanian red meat producers
- identify useful and relevant tools and resources that are available to industry
- showcase what is possible (stretch targets) in terms of sustainable and profitable production and motivate producers to want to improve
- highlight examples of what producers are doing to work towards achieving these stretch targets
- signpost activities, programs and projects producers can get involved in to enable them to build knowledge, skills and make meaningful on-farm practice change.